My highlights from the 19th annual conference of the European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists:
- I was surprised to see how crude estimates of travel costs still are in non-market valuations of recreational sites;
- Also, how few of those studies have done a proper qualitative analysis before they do their quantitative study;
- Linda Nøstbakken had a very nice paper on how a combination of diversified monitoring and self-reporting incentives can greatly enhance monitoring of fisheries legislation;
- Martin Quaas proposed using a “shadow interest rate” as a way of expressing the quality of fisheries management;
- Nick Hanley is a Les Paul man:
And rightly so; Fender people are evil.